VCU Health Video Tours
We have increased our cleaning and disinfecting measures to make sure our hospitals and clinics provide a safe environment for your care
Join us as Dr. Tamara Lawson walks you through the safety measures we take when you arrive downtown for surgery or a non-surgical procedure.
VCU & VCU Health 2020 Annual Service Awards
Department of Surgery faculty and staff recognized for their years of service:
"We believe our greatest asset is and will always be our employees and we are proud of the years of service each one has provided to VCU and the continued relationship we have. We look forward to celebrating together!"
The annual Service Recognition Celebration, which was originally scheduled to take place in October of 2020, will now take place in March. This event dedicated to honoring our hardworking VCU and VCU Health employees for their years of service, will be held virtually on March 23, 2021 at 3 pm.Congratulations Everyone!
VCU Annual Service Recognition
Borchers, Christopher (Todd)
Rocha Campos, Guilherme
Department of Surgery 2nd Annual Service Awards
VCU Surgery appreciates the efforts of its employees to achieve departmental goals and to fulfill its mission and vision.
Outstanding employees deserve to be recognized both as a reward for exceptional performance and as a model to other employees.
- Exemplary performance that promotes internal and external customer service, cost savings, innovation, and outstanding citizenship.
- Contributes to the positive culture in the department and across the organization.
- Promotes collaboration and teamwork with others across the department and institution to support an environment that is respectful, diverse, supportive, and inclusive.
- Demonstrates creativity and a desire to improve service by continuously expanding knowledge and skill.
- Regularly makes a difference in the department through work on special projects and service to others.
Congratulations to this year's winners:
Cynthia Chenault, AGACNP — Excellence in Patient Care Award
Our team includes full-time surgeons (academic, and clinical faculty), research faculty, and advanced practice providers based at medical facilities throughout Richmond, including VCU Medical Center, Children’s Hospital of Richmond, Massey Cancer Center and McGuire VA Medical Center and more.View Faculty Directory
VCU Health Surgery Centers and Programs
Colon and Rectal Surgery
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Weight Loss Surgery
Wound Healing Care
The Office of Research, Biomedicine, Innovation and Technology — ORBIT supports and promotes research, innovation and global surgical activities.ORBIT
The faculty and staff at VCU Surgery are committed to providing the highest quality of education and training for the future medical leaders of our country.Surgery Education