One of ORBIT's objectives is to guide our researchers towards funding opportunities, and provide access to appropriate laboratory space.
ORBIT Internal Grant
In an effort to promote increased National Institutes of Health (NIH) submission of grant and contract proposals to external funding entities, the Office of Research, Innovation, Biomedicine, and Technology (ORBIT) has established a research incentive funds program.Learn More
Additional Funding Options
Other research resources include:
- Center for Clinical and Translational Research (CCTR)
- OnCore Clinical trial management system
- TriNetX Global health research network
- REDCap Research electronic data capture
- Innovation Gateway Invention protection and licensing
- VCU Ventures Start-up support for faculty and staff
Christine B. & David E. Cottrell Surgical Innovation Laboratory
"The generous gift from the Cottrells serves to jump start our plans to develop a sustainable multifunctional laboratory space in the Department of Surgery that will foster 21st century innovation and research in the surgical management of disease."
Martin Mangino, PhD
Professor and Associate Chair, ORBIT
With the generosity of the Cottrells and other donors, 6,000 square feet of historic laboratory space will be transformed into a $5 million suite of research facilities.Learn More